If you are annoyed with unwanted facial hairs that keep sprouting up under your chin, upper lips and sideburns and mess up your fashion and beauty style, we have assembled a list of home remedies to take care of this stubborn beauty nuisance.
These home remedies use natural ingredients to remove facial hair which means no chemical damage to the skin, no exposing it to harsh radiations and no frequent trips to the salon for expensive wax appointments.
Just a quick look in your kitchen cabinets will give you all the essential ingredients you need for these home treatments to get rid of unwanted facial hair.
Precautions before you start these treatments:
1. Always wash your face with warm water or use steam to open up your pores. Open pores mean easy access to unwanted hair and easy removal.
2. Afterward, wash your face with cold water or put some ice on it to close the pores.
3. Patience is the key. Most of these natural remedies will not instantly stop hair growth so you have to keep repeating these treatments. You will be able to see visible results in 2-3 months of regular use.
4. Never put these masks or wax layers near your eyelashes or eyebrows.
5. These treatments may not work for hard, strong hair on the face. These hairs may be the result of underlying health conditions like PCOS or other hormonal imbalances. If that is the case, consult your doctor.
6. For lifelong health and beauty benefits, always eat right, exercise regularly and maintain a balanced lifestyle.
1Home-made Sugar Wax
Women have been using wax to get rid of unwanted body hair for centuries. You can now make your own homemade wax using sugar and water.
In a bowl take two tablespoons of sugar and pour a tablespoon of honey and water each. Now place this bowl in your microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. When the sugar dissolves completely, stir it well to mix in with the liquids and apply thin strips of the mixture on your hair. Let it sit for a few seconds till it dries then quickly rip off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
You can use this liquid to get rid of hairs on your forehead, chin, upper lips, and sideburns etc.
Why it works:
Sugar is a great scrubbing agent and due to it being sticky, it is amazing at pulling off fine hairs without damaging the skin. The honey soothes and any pain or irritation caused by wax can be lessened with the use of honey.