10) Maintaining poor personal hygiene
Nervous breakdown can seriously impact a person’s ability to do even routine tasks like brushing teeth or taking shower.
He may start neglecting his personal hygiene and may not pay any attention to his appearance or looks.
This is a very alarming symptom of Nervous breakdown if a person is not able to keep up with his daily personal hygiene and housekeeping tasks.
11) Feeling helpless or hopeless
A nervous breakdown is often accompanied by depressive symptoms, such as helplessness, hopelessness, sadness, loss of interest in normal activities and thoughts of suicide or self-harm.
Risk factors that can contribute to the nervous breakdown
A person may be at risk of the nervous breakdown when stress becomes too much for them to handle. It can be caused by any life event like:
• Stressful working conditions
• any traumatic event, such as a death in the family or loss of a loved one
• the financial crisis such as serious debt or loss of job
• poor sleeping, eating and exercising habits
• recent injury or illness diagnosis